Sunday 15 May 2016

The only way to get better is to surround yourself with people who believe in you

Yesterday marked a year with my boyfriend and I felt that this would be an ample time to talk about support. This condition can be very isolating and whilst some people will be happy to support others will take it as just another word they don't understand and have no interest in doing so.

Thankfully my family and boyfriend are part of my close knit support network.  They have made an effort to find out more about Fibromyalgia and are trying their best to keep a smile on my face and make me laugh. Without their support I don't know what kind of state of mind I would be in.

I have also started attending a Fibromyalgia support group in Ealing where I have met some lovely people who know exactly what I am going through.  It is inspiring to hear how others are dealing with the condition and to get advice from those who have battled the system to get the support they need.

Sometimes we need someone to simply be there, not to fix anything, or to do anything in particular, but to just let us feel that we are cared for and supported.

My little fibro team may not be big but, I couldn't ask for better people to hold my hand along the way

1 comment: