Friday 6 May 2016

& So the adventure begins +

Wearing a smile, a face of make up and keeping up a sense of humour. A few of the things I use as a facade to hide the pain that comes with my newly diagnosed condition. With this diagnosis my life has been turned into that of nightmares. A painful story of which I never thought would be mine to tell. With Fibromyalgia awareness day in the mists, I have plucked up the courage to share my story. That of a 22 year old who has had normal life pulled from under her feet. As Fibromyalgia is a condition not yet recognised I felt it was even more important to share my experiences and reach out to those who have felt the sting of a system that does not offer support and does not understand the daily struggle. I want to extend an olive branch to anyone and everyone with an invisible illness, know someone who does or wants an insight into the condition first hand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment