Thursday 21 July 2016

Summer heat? What is this torture?



In the UK we are currently in the middle of a surprisingly hot summer. I know i just said UK and hot in the same sentence. Usually by this time of the year we barely reach short wearing weather and we always need a umbrella handy for when the heavens open which we have all grown to expect.

Unfortunately, i have found that suffering with Fibromyalgia can cause heat sensitivity and on the hottest day of the year so far I am suffering. It wasn't until a few days ago that i really learnt the meaning of a "flare-up" the hard way. After 3 weeks of clearly doing too much for my body to handle I have well and truly hit a wall and whilst my energy levels have hit a low point my pain levels have rocketed. For the last 3 days from the moment I get out of bed I am faced with pain all over my body that does not subside until I fall asleep and I have not had a seemly good nights rest in I don't know how long.  I am embarrassed at how pathetic i look trying to get up the stairs, using what little strength I have to pull myself up. My walking stick has now become my best friend and is by my side more often than not.

I would love to tell you that I am enjoying the unexpected heat and that I am loving Summer this year but, I truthfully can not wait for it to end.


Rant over! I just can't sugar coat this shit :)


Thank you for having a read. Would love to know if any of you can relate.

No comments:

Post a Comment